MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, November 07, 2011

Three Day Weekend



This weekend was my cousin Dustin's wedding in NW Arkansas. It just so happened that Veronika was out of school Friday so we decided to make a 3-day mini-vacation of it! We left Thursday afternoon and stopped at MarketPlace in Conway for Dinner. We haven't eaten there in a couple of years, I was so excited to introduce the kids to one of my favorite desserts: The Chocolate Mess! I LOVE this Sundae. The entire glass is covered in chocolate and is literally "glued" to the plate with chocolae. Amanda and I use to scrape the glass clean and eat all the chocolate of the plate too!After dinner we headed to Mt. Magazine in Paris, AR. We stayed at "The Lodge at Mt. Magazine." It was beautiful! It is a rustic/craftsman design, my favorite style! The kids were really excited about the huge bath in our room! All 3 kids took a bath together, it was so fun...like a little pool!
Every room at the lodge is built facing the Arkansas River Valley. Because we arrived so late we didn't get to see our view when we arrived. The next morning we were greeted with this beautiful view!
After breakfast at the Skycrest Restaurant we had a little bit of time to swim. Violet and Phoenix loved the kiddie "wading" pool.
After swimming we drove around and stopped at a couple of overlooks. I am not a big fan of heights, but I LOVE Arkansas in the fall! Next, we headed to the "Signal Hill Trail." Signal Hill is the highest point in Arkansas. It was a 1.4 mile walk round trip, Violet and Veronika walked the whole time, but Phoenix needed to be carried the last .4 mile or so. I was really impressed with how well they did! It's not a really strenuous hike, so it was just perfect for our little ones:) At the top of Signal Hill we stopped and let the kids eat a little snack before our descent!
After our walk we had a little picnic lunch then headed to Bentonville for my cousin Dustin and his fiance Jessica's wedding. Friday night we all went out to dinner and the kids got to swim. Saturday we had breakfast then went out for a little shopping. After showers and naps it was time to get ready for the wedding. It was SO beautiful! It was at the Mildred B. Cooper Memorial Chapel and made such a gorgeous setting for a fall wedding. After the wedding we headed to the reception for dinner and DANCING! Veronika stayed on the dance floor all night! It took Violet a little while to warm up to the loud music and lights but she and Phoenix both had fun. There was a basket of goodies for the kids and they all had fun playing with the disguises!
Sunday morning we ate breakfast, then Steve took the kids swimming again while I got us all packed up. We stopped at Catfish Hole for lunch then headed home. I think me and the babies slept most of the way home. We had such a good weekend, I love being able to get away with my sweet family!

1 comment:

Kay said...

We were honored to have your whole family at Dustin's wedding. That was a big trip for your little ones and they handled it like pros, very polite and a joy to be around!
Veronica is a dancer at heart and I enjoyed watching her "do her thing" on the dance floor. Love the new family profile picture on your blog. I need to print out a copy for my refrigerator "wall of fame!"