MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, February 19, 2010

Top Baby Products

My friend Becky is expecting her baby this summer and recently asked Randi and I which baby products were absolute must haves. I have been thinking about it this week and compiled my favorite things. Please share your "must-haves" for those precious baby days!

1. Boppy Nursing Pillow: This made feedings so much easier than they would have been. I took it with me everywhere during those early nursing days and it provides support if you are bottle feeding. I considered giving mine away but now Violet sleeps with it.

2. A Good Rocker/Recliner: We bought a La-Z-Boy recliner when we were expecting Violet and it was well worth the investment. Steve and I both have spent countless hours in that chair rocking, reading, sleeping, etc. It is so comfortable and the fabric has really worn well.

3. Baby Bjorn/Sling/Etc.

4. Swaddle Blanket: My Favorite http://www.swaddledesigns.com/

5. Lanolin Nipple Cream: I don't particularly have a brand preference but this was a life saver in those early nursing days!

6. Triple Paste Diaper Rash Ointment: Paula gave this to me as a gift when I was pregnant with Violet. Best Diaper Rash Ointment hands down!
7. Infant Tylenol: Teething can start ALOT earlier than you think. Tylenol has given mommy, daddy, and baby relief on many a sleepless night in our household!

8. Burp Cloths: Violet was a spitter and Phoenix is a drooler...Burp Clothes are not optional!

9. Portable Changing Pad

10. Head Support for CarSeat

2 comments:

Randi said...

Good post! I love lists. Can't wait to make mine now...

Mandy said...

Becky is having a baby! Awesome!

I would add that the best slings come from the internet; the Wal-Mart, Target, BRU versions just cannot compare. Also, a mei tai is a great option for when baby is a bit bigger.

Also, a swing or bouncer. If possible, borrow to see what baby will prefer. Jack loved the bouncer and would only tolerate the swing for a bit. $70 we could have saved.