MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Labor Day

We went to Baton Rouge for the weekend and had a WONDERFUL time! We arrived around 1:30am Saturday morning. When everyone woke up we ate a delicious breakfast and sat around talking until lunch time. We went and ate at DeAngelo's for lunch, then went downtown to the USS KIDD. It was overcast so it wasn't too hot, just a little muggy. After that we went back to Aunt Ann's house and I took a 4 hour nap while all the other girls went shopping.
That night, Chad and Daniel grilled a wonderful dinner.


Sunday morning we got up and went to New Orleans to visit a Children's Museum. It was mostly interactive and Veronika really enjoyed it. We visited the Aquarium for a few hours and then went downtown. We saw an old lady dancing in the street with an old homeless man and several other odditities that I will not post here (he.he.he) On our way home we drove around looking at some of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina then headed back to Aunt Ann's house. Alexia and Veronika at the USS KIDD
The poached alligator we saw in the Mississippi River. It was missing it's claws and head
Our group picture in Downtown Baton Rouge

3 comments:

Angie said...

I'm so glad you all came down. We really had a great time.

Donna said...

Poached Alligator, sounds like a delicacy, like poached eggs.
It really made us all sick/mad, someone just killed the alligator for it's claws and whatever!
What a bunch and fun sights we saw down in the bayou!

AmandaThomas said...

That's the first gator vagina I've ever seen.

Wish I could have been there with yall.