MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Summer So Far!

We have had the best summer! We've stayed busy, Phoenix has therapy in Little Rock on Tuesday and Thursday, and up until last week, he had therapy in Benton on Wednesday. I tried to plan something fun for us to do each of these days. We've also spent a lot of time swimming at Dodi and Poppa's!

We went to the Circus on a Thursday evening.
Phoenix with his Sno-Cone
Violet got Cotton Candy that came with this silly hat. Veronika got a Funnel Cake for her treat, but I didn't get a picture of her with it.
Memorial Day we went to the Zoo and ended up buying a Family Pass for the year. Our Zoo has really changed and grown the past few years! We went one other time before it got too hot, but Phoenix got sick in the first 30 minutes so he and I had to leave. Luckily the girls got to stay with Aunt Paula and Aunt Amanda.
Several of the theaters around town offer free/cheap summer movies. We've been able to do that a couple of times.
Getting ready to watch "The Lorax"
This was an extra special day! After the movie, we went and had lunch at "Mellow Mushroom." It's a super yummy Pizza Restaurant that just opened up in West Little Rock!
P and I at Mellow Mushroom
One of the main reasons we tried MM was because they offer Gluten-Free Pizza! Violet has been almost totally G-Free for almost 2 months now and she's doing great with it! I try to do it with her, but I eat more gluten then she does. We can both tell a big difference though...when we have gluten we feel really yucky either that night or the next morning.
We've also been doing Story Time at the Dee Brown Library in Southwest Little Rock! It is SO much fun! After Story Time, we go check out some new books and then (because the library is right down the road from Daddy's work) we go eat lunch with Daddy!
We had a goal to read 100 Picture Books this summer! The kids have been really excited about it! They got to go flip over the numbers on our Hundred's Chart as we counted. Last week we bought a Wonder Place Punch Card to celebrate reaching our goal! Now we are working on our 2nd 100 Books!
Last Friday, Veronika got home from her Mom's house for the week. I put the kids' food on the table and went to get mine and Steve's food. When I got back to the table, this is what I found...they miss their Sissy when she's gone :)
1st Dentist Visits for the Phoenix and Violet. We took Phoenix to the Dentist at Children's Hospital, since all of his care is centered there. Violet went to Ms. Andrea at Harris and Reynold's. This is actually Violet's 2nd visit, but 1st SUCCESSFUL visit. She did the whole works...X-rays, cleaning, flossing and fluoride. All with a big smile!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Good job Mommy on having a fun summer!

amberpowell315 said...

Love the update! You are one busy momma...I know the kids had a wonderful summer to remember! Miss you guys!