MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, September 06, 2012

1 Week Post-Op

Tomorrow will be 1 week since my Lap-Band Surgery and BOY! what a difference a week makes! I'm not sure I have ever been in as much pain as I was when I first woke up, well, maybe 1 time when I was in labor with Violet, but that's another story.
Thursday (8/23) I had a couple of Pre-Op appointments at Baptist Hospital. I must say, Baptist is a "Bariatric Center of Excellence" and I was so impressed! I had both Violet and Phoenix at Baptist and have NOTHING negative to say about the hospital. Anyway, Paula and then Steve and then Mom kept my kids while I was at these appointment. Afterwards, I picked the kids up and we went to get Veronika and head to their 1st dance class of the year! Things were so crazy I forgot to take a picture of them! Phoenix is "supposed" to be taking dance this year, but so far he's not so sure about it. After dance we went home, ate dinner, got ready for bed and then took the kids to my Mom and Dad's house to spend the night. Then, it was back home for Steve and I. We got our things ready for a Short Hospital Stay and then called it a night.
Friday (8/24) The day started EARLY! My alarm went off at 4am, I popped right out of bed even though it was probably 1am before I was able to fall asleep the night before! I had to shower with a special antiseptic soap. I had Steve take some "Before" pictures for me. I had intended for him to take these the night before when I was still dressed and had make-up on, but I forgot so this is what I have to remember my old self by!


We arrived at the Hospital at 5:30, we waited to be checked in and then they took a large group of patients back together. The family members were dropped off in the Surgery Waiting Area and the patients were taken back to Surgery Prep. I had Steve take this picture of me to send to the kids. I thought they would think I looked pretty silly with my blue hair net on:)
Surgery got started around 7:30, and let me just say, I LOVE me some drugs. I got a shot of Versed in Pre-Op and it felt good! I even apparently told my nurse that I really liked it because I don't drink so it was my only chance to get DRUNK!!! AHHHH! I'm sure they hear all sorts of stuff from drugged up patients, but good grief! I remember getting to the OR and they put a little mask on me and the next thing I new I was waking up in Recovery!
The surgery went well, Dr. W said my liver was a great size (the purpose of the Pre-Op Diet I was on was to shrink the liver to make the operation easier). I also had a small Hiatal Hernia that he repaired.
I spent the night in the hospital where they kept my pain under control quite nicely! 
Saturday morning we were discharged, stopped by the pharmacy and went to pick up the kids. We've never spent 2 nights away from Phoenix and have only spend 2 nights away from Violet when Phoenix was born, we missed them! 

*Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post-op and I would say I'm about 90% back to my normal self. I'm still a little sore, but nothing bad at all. I just got to start "soft" foods, which means pretty much anything except crunchy, dry things and chewy dry meat! I weigh-in again tomorrow, but so far I've lost about 20 lbs. since Aug. 10!



2 comments:

Kay said...

I am glad you are doing well after your surgery. 20 lbs is amazing! I know it takes huge effort from you both to get through this and we are all rooting for you! Just so proud of you and Steve!

Donna said...

Yea! You are doing great!