I love this time of year. The weather finally cools off and there is so much hustle and bustle in preparation for the Holidays. This time of year is reflective...people are a little kinder, you find forgiveness a little easier, we are reminded of how blessed we are. In honor of Thanksgiving, here is my Thanksgiving list:
- My Salvation-I was raised in a Christ centered family that was involved in church. When I was in 4th Grade I went forward at our church to be baptized. Years later, I was a freshman in college...I knew there was something missing in my life. I started reading my Bible every chance I got, I joined a Bible Study in my dorm and the Lord started to convict me. One Sunday in the Fall of 2001 I felt God's conviction so strongly that I couldn't ignore it any longer! That afternoon I knelt down beside my bed and asked Jesus to be the Lord of my Life! I am so THANKFUL that we have a Savior who forgives us!
- Our Marriage-We will celebrate our 4 year anniversary tomorrow. When I look back over the past 4 years I am amazed to see what God has done. Two years ago our marriage fell apart. Divorce seemed like the only option; there was so much hurt, anger and resentment. I am so thankful that we both decided to stay; it was ALOT of work, we spent a year in Marriage Counseling and had to rebuild our Marriage. It was by far the toughest time I have ever been through; I am beyond THANKFUL that God restored our Relationship. I have NO DOUBT that it is only by His Hand that we are in a Happy, Healthy Marriage today!
- Our Family-I feel so blessed to have a family that is so close, loving and supportive! I am so THANKFUL that my children are getting to grow up knowing their Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. I am so THANKFUL that we all are able to Worship, Serve and Learn together at East Union. I am THANKFUL for the host of other relatives we have that, although they may not be near, are always there for us. In addition, I am THANKFUL for our church family! It is so wonderful to have people who love you and are praying for you.
- Our Children-I tell Steve often that I am living my dream life! It may not seem like much to some, but all my life all I wanted to be was a wife and mother. I am reminded often how blessed we are to have 3 happy, healthy children. I know that there are countless women out there who long to be a mother and I feel so blessed to have these 3 children in my life. I am especially THANKFUL for Phoenix's health this year. He has recently been cleared by 2 Neurosurgeons. He has started his Physical Therapy and will soon start his Developmental and Speech Therapies. He has started walking and talking and getting into EVERYTHING!!!
- Steve's Job- I am so THANKFUL, especially when so many are out of work and struggling, for Steve's job. He has wonderful bosses:) We both have a peace knowing that his job is secure. I am so THANKFUL that his job provides for our family in a way that I am able to stay at home. These years are flying by and I feel so blessed to be able to stay at home and enjoy this time with our babies!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!






4 comments:
That is sweet, Happy Thanksgiving indeed!
Great Post, Andrea. We are thankful for YOU.
Love this post, miss seeing you guys this Thanksgiving! We all have so much to be thankful for.
Very neat and thoughtful post. Hope you guys had a great Christmas. Loved all of your ornaments, how neat to have so many ornaments to go along with so many memories. Also- your blog header is adorable! How cute all your children are! Happy New Year to you and your family! :)So glad to hear Phenoix is doing better!
Post a Comment