MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pharoahs


The Arkansas Arts Center is hosting "The World of the Pharoahs." It opened last September and we have been meaning to go all year. We were unsure of taking the two younger ones and thankfully Dodi volunteered to watch them while Steve, Veronika, and I went to the exhibit today. Honestly, I am not that interested in history but it was quite interesting to me to learn about Egyptian society and culture. They were quite civilized, they created beautiful works of art and "normal" household items. Veronika did so well, she had lots of questions and did a great job reading all of the placards. We got to see lots of artifacts as well as a mummified kitten, and two mummified humans. The best part of the day was getting to spend some time with just Veronika. If you have time in the next week and a half it is a nice,air-conditional and educational way to spend an afternoon!

2 comments:

Randi said...

How fun! I want to go to that exhibit but not with my babies. Makes me look forward to the days they are old enough to do stuff like that.

Donna said...

It is a pretty big event for Little Rock! I can't believe I haven't gone yet, maybe this weekend.