MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, April 23, 2010

Our Beginning

Over on Kelly's Korner they are doing SUYL: How You Met Your Husband. I realized that not too many people know our "how we met story" and thought it might be interesting to share.
Steve and Veronika briefly visited the Little Rock Missionary Baptist Student Fellowship (MBSF) in the Fall of 2003. Sometime in the next month or two I started visiting/regularly attending the same MBSF...but we never crossed paths. In the Spring of 2005 I started student teaching at David O. Dodd Elementary, just a few miles from the Missionary Baptist Seminary on Stagecoach Road. A father that attended the seminary and attended Marlow MBC mentioned that he thought I should meet a friend of his, a divorced guy with a little girl...but nothing ever came of it. In January of 2006 I joined Match.com and ran across a guy and "winked" at him. I don't necessarily remember what first caught my eye but I do remember what caught my attention. He (Steve) said that he had been a preacher but was divorced and the churches of his denomination didn't allow divorced men to be preachers. "How odd," I thought. Missionary Baptists are about the only denomination that teach that and it was not a common thing to run into a Missionary Baptist guy just by chance. We continued talking by email and phone for a week or two, then on March 3, 2006 we had our first face-to-face date. We didn't date long, we were married on November 17, 2006. Looking back we would've dated a little longer, but with all we have been through I truly believe that he is the one that God was preparing for me...we just had to wait on HIS timing.
Spring 2006
Spring 2010

4 comments:

Calley said...

How neat! I had no idea that you guys almost met all of those times! That is nuts! It is truly amazing to see how God brings people together! :D

Amber said...

Wow! I love that story...amazing how God's timing was perfect! Four years...what a difference!

Donna said...

I can't believe it's been 4 years. I was just thinking about how big Veronika has gotten is that amount of time.

Andrea said...

I know, she really was a baby when we got married!