MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Vacation



We went to Branson for Memorial Day Weekend and had a BLAST! We left about 6:30pm Friday evening and stopped and ate a delicious meal at MarketPlace in Conway. Steve, Veronika and I were traveling with Mom, Dad, Brad, Paula, and the boys. Amanda and Josh left earlier in the day to make a run to Springdale and then went to Branson.

We arrived at our cabin late Friday evening. It was a beautiful 4 bedroom lodge with beautiful scenery. Saturday morning we relaxed a while, ate breakfast, swam, and then everyone settled down for a nap. That afternoon we all got up and got dressed and went to the Dixie Stampede. It was wonderful. We had Creamy vegetable soup, a roll, Roasted chicken, Pork loin, Roasted Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, and Apple Turnovers. The show was very entertaining, it featured racing pigs and ostriches, buffalo, dancers and trick riders. After the show we went to the Go Cart Tracks. Tucker, Mom, Dad, and I all stayed on the sidelines to take pictures. By then, the boys were exhausted so they went back to the lodge with Dodi and Poppa. Brad, Paula, Josh and Amanda went to see Spiderman 3 at the Imax and Steve, Veronika and I went for a round of Putt-Putt.

Sunday morning we went to Silver Dollar City for the day. We ate breakfast at Molly's Mill Restaurant in the park. We ended up staying all day and we were all absolutely exhausted that night. Steve and I went and got Pizza for dinner and we all sat around talking and watching TV.

Monday morning we went to eat at the Grand Country Buffett, we arrived about 10:50am and breakfast was over at 11am so we were able to sample both breakfast and lunch foods. Quite pigish of us, but it was delicious. We spent about an hour in the arcade and them headed our separate ways.

Steve, Veronika and I stuck around for a while and did some shopping and then headed home. We took Scenic Highway 7 home and it was beautiful. I haven't traveled that road since I was much younger and Steve had never been on it. He really enjoyed it and said that he hadn't seen winding roads and mountains like that since being in Montana.

In other news, Steve's family called last night and they have all made it safely to Montana. They had a few complications getting started but they all made it safely. It is really funny, the preacher that retired from the church that Steve's dad is taking on moved to Little Rock and actually live quite close to us.

Only 4 days of school left!!!






4 comments:

Donna said...

WOW, you made the trip sound even more fun!

Amber said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! I'm glad you got to enjoy relaxing & entertainment. Branson is always so much fun!

ANNABELLE said...

I want to go to Branson, we went when Angie & Chad were little. It is time to go back! Looks like you all had a Great time!!!

Paula said...

yes this was a good trip. By the way, sometimes I cant comment on people's blog-so dont get upset if I dont comment for awhile! Anyway, way to go Veronika on graduating from pre-school!