MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

School Days

School Days
Well, I'm pooped. School started yesterday. I have a pretty good class...I think. They LOVE to talk so I am having to start out pretty strict on them. I already had to change a card (like getting your name on the board) and I hadn't even planned on starting that until next week. Yesterday my feet hurt so bad I thought I was going to cry but wonderful Steve came to the rescue and rubbed my feet for me. Poor thing, those things really are disgusting...I don't know how he did it. I really like being at East End. I like the teachers and principals and it is WONDERFUL being so close to home.
Veronika started Pre-School yesterday. She loves it. She had been helping me in my class last week and she walked around going, "I am such a busy teacher." (This is while she was gluing paper to all of my furniture) She already made a new friend and she enjoys learning. Of course, I am pretty sure that she is too smart for Pre-K, but what can I do...it is not my fault that she is a genius.
Nothing has changed too much with wedding stuff. We bought stuff for the centerpieces, but we have really been too busy to do much of anything else. We are very excited about it though.
I will try not to wait so long to blog next time. I really love these things, they really help us stay in touch. Until next time...

7 comments:

Angie said...

Andrea, Steve is so sweet to rub your feet. I hope he will continue after your married. Sean hates to touch my feet. If by some chance he feels nice enough to actually rub them, I swear I can hear him gagging. But, he does rub my back without getting sick. He can be sweet sometimes.

Well, I hope things go well at school. I don't think I could do what you do. I was a sub for a kindergarden class yesterday. It made me realize that I don't like to sub. I was so stressed out after I had to run to McDonalds for some comfort. I'll be a full time tutor in Oct. So, that should be a little easier.

I'm glad there are people like you out there to teach our children. I can tell you really enjoy your job.

Paula said...

glad your first week is going well! Brad iwll rub my feet, but absolutely will not use lotion-that grosses him out to no end. The back rubs have gotten shorter and shorter the longer we are married.

Donna said...

I was just thinking about when I used to volunteer at school. They wanted me to sub. I wouldn't do it. I liked one on one witht the kids, like tutoring, but did not like being in front of the whole class.
I loved volunteering for other things. And I love teaching little ones.

ANNABELLE said...

Andrea, it takes a special person to be a teacher and that is you!!

Steve & Dan are so much a like!!! Dan rubs my back everynight before I fall a sleep. I love it!!!

Amber said...

You go girl! I am so proud of you taking on first graders. They are old enough to 'try' to be independant, but you still have to help the learn how to do so many things. Anyone who helps children learn how to read is amazing! Plus, at that age, you really have to set up sooo many procedures and be so organized. You are amazing to know how to do that! I'm glad that you are such a wonderful teacher for these kids!

AmandaThomas said...

It's amazing how a short little massage on your feet or whatever else is hurting can make such a huge difference. If your feet keep hurting or swelling after school you should just make a habit of putting some socks in the freezer in the morning and putting them on when you get home. It will make the blood leave your feet which stops swelling and pain.

Amber said...

What a great tip Amanda! Have any more miracle working suggestions?